The PWA can be installed on a mobile device or desktop.
Specific filter functions support users in obtaining a well-founded overview of patient-specific dosage and interaction profiles of approved Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs) in adults and in assessing associated risks. In addition, daily therapy costs and economic benefit assessments can be displayed.
Based on the officially approved current expert information, easyDOAC thus serves as a digital support for physicians and pharmacists.
And this is how easyDOAC works
Good to know: When calling up easyDOAC, the user confirms that he or she belongs to a medical professional group, i.e. that he or she is a doctor or pharmacist. If this is not the case, the system opens a confirmation dialogue and denies access to all functions and contents of the app.
What must be observed
- The results are generated from rule-based access to a structured database.
- easyDOAC does not offer a diagnosis, does not replace a physician’s therapy decision, and is expressly not intended for nursing professionals, patients, or their families.
- In addition, a CHAD2DS2-VASc score calculator is integrated into the app to assess the risk of thromboembolism. Based on pre-existing conditions (chronic heart failure/left ventricular dysfunction, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, stroke/transient ischemic attack/thromboembolism, pre-existing vascular disease) and patient characteristics (age, gender), a score is calculated to estimate the percentage risk of stroke/year.
- To assess the bleeding risk under anticoagulants, a HAS-BLED score calculator is provided, which allows an assessment of the individual bleeding risk based on patient characteristics (age), xenobiotic exposure (alcohol, NSAIDs or antiplatelet drugs), pre-existing conditions (arterial hypertension, abnormal renal or liver function, stroke, bleeding tendency) and previous experience with anticoagulants (labile INR values).
- Finally, with the kidney module, the app contains a functionality that can estimate the creatinine clearance according to Cockcroft-Gault based on the input of age, gender, weight and serum creatinine of the patient.
Progressive Web App (PWA): Technical functions
The easyDOAC is designed as a PWA. How do PWAs work and what are the advantages for users?